I just made this and, no kidding, it was the finest risotto I have ever made, and possibly the finest I have ever tasted. I suggest you go and make it RIGHT NOW even if you’ve already eaten. It should serve 3-4, depending on hunger. You will require:
- an onion (chopped)
- two spring onions (chopped)
- a clove of garlic (minced)
- about eight button mushrooms (sliced)
- a chilli pepper (seeded and chopped finely)
- about a quart (1 litre) of water
- a chipotle stock cube (any stock cube will do)
- 12oz (350g) arborio rice
- 1-2oz (30-60g) goat’s cheese, to taste
- 4oz sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of cream
Fry the onion, spring onion and garlic together on medium-high heat until the onion goes translucent, stirring throughout
Add the mushrooms and chilli and keep on cooking until the juices start to release; turn down the heat.
Stir in the uncooked rice and add the stock cube.
Gradually add the water, a cup (250ml) at a time; don’t add the next cup until the previous one is absorbed. This can take some time (maybe half an hour? I wasn’t keeping track). Keep stirring.
When all the water is absorbed, mix in the tomatoes and the cheese, then stir in the cream. Serve straight away.